DigiBete is an award-winning, patient-led, co-designed platform for young people living with type one diabetes. It has been shortlisted in The People’s Projects, a partnership between The National Lottery Community Fund, The National Lottery, ITV and STV. Please help to support them by adding your vote!
DigiBete supports young people and their families to better manage their type 1 diabetes mellitus. It is a video platform where videos and educational resources about type 1 diabetes are shared. The content is designed to help support children, young people and families to self-manage their own diabetes, by extending the reach of clinical teams online. The team at DigiBete aim to increase education, awareness and training for type 1 diabetes, in a way in which supplements existing care and support provided by healthcare professionals.
DigiBete is a true collaboration between a clinical team at the Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, parents and young people, driven by some key values:
- DigiBete are patient centred – the site is for all children, young people and families living with type one diabetes. The content of the site will evolve in response to the requests of children, young people and families;
- DigiBete are fair – it is a free to access site for everyone; no registrations, no payment;
- DigiBete are collaborative – they are all one team with a common purpose, working in partnership with patients and families;
- DigiBete are accountable – their content is co-designed with children, young people and families. It is clinically accurate, has been peer reviewed, and is in line with the NHS Digital safety standard SCCI0129;
- DigiBete are empowering – they celebrate positivity and success by sharing stories.