The countdown is on until World Arthritis Day on Saturday 12th October 2019. If you’re not sure how to celebrate, why don’t you join me for a tweet chat on arthritis at work.
I will be co-hosting a tweet chat with the Canadian Arthritis Patient Alliance (CAPA) and special guest CreakyJoints, all about how people manage work and arthritis, as well as other rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases.
It will be taking place at 1pm ET / 6 pm BST on Saturday 12th October 2019, using the hashtag #arthritisatwork. Our tweet chat builds upon a survey which CAPA launched on arthritis in the workplace, which led to the development of workplace resources informed by the advice of 300 people living with arthritis. It is also informed by the European League Against Rheumatism’s current focus on Time2Work, as part of the Don’t Delay, Connect Today campaign.
To help you prepare, here’s what we will be discussing:
- How do you advocate for yourself and others in the workplace?
- How have you adapted to working with arthritis?
- Do you have any examples of how to communicate with employers about your health and wellbeing needs?
- If you were to give one piece of advice on how to care for yourself while working, what would it be?
- What needs to be done to improve the experience for people with arthritis in the workplace?
Don’t forget to mark your calendar for Saturday 12th October and join this important conversation on #arthritisatwork! You can let your network know by sending the tweet below!
Join me in celebrating World Arthritis Day 2019 by joining the #arthritisatwork tweet chat on Saturday October 12th at 1pm ET/6pm BST/7pm CEST. Share your experience and suggestions for how things should be done!Tweet